Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Toni Carver's Trip to Spain - Part 4


Day 4

We are off to Casa Del Valle in Yepes, Toledo. This estate is breathtaking!! It is surrounded by the vineyards, olive trees, and gardens. Also on the grounds were an enormous home and many smaller buildings that house the staff, a church, and a small retail shop. We started by tasting thru their wines, my favorite was the Casa Del Valle Cabernet Sauvignon. Deep, rich, red fruits, balanced tannins, anise, and tobacco make this a full bodied wine that can pair with steak and BBQ.

We relaxed that evening, enjoying the tranquil break from the busy travel days.

Day 5

We awoke to a traditional bountiful Spanish breakfast and drove to Madrid, only about an hour away. Madrid is a tourist friendly city. Ancient architecture, friendly people, great shopping, great ice cream, and at last, Starbucks!!! For all those that know me, Starbucks is part of my daily routine.

As thankful as I am to travel, I looked forward to returning to my family, sharing my stories about my travels and wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment