Monday, July 18, 2016

Refreshing Summer Sangrias





We've had a bit of a staff change here in the Internet Marketing Department at JC's WB & LV.  Your Bottle Blogger for the last three years, Steve, has moved onto greener pastures and can be found working in the Lawrenceville location.  If you see him, say hello, and send him best wishes and many thanks from the New Old Marketing Girl.  My name is Shannon, and I'm taking over for Steve, who took over for me three years ago.  I'm back in the Web Seat, bringing you blogs, social media updates, and your favorite email newsletters, among other things.  I'm also six months pregnant, so this will be an exercise in self-torture, as well as a checklist of sorts for when I can enjoy the perks of my job again in a few months. 

My inaugural Mixology Monday blog is going to be about one of my greatest cravings so far this summer, sangria.  I've been cool missing out on crisp roses and summer IPAs, but when I'm in a restaurant and a server walks by with a pitcher of iced fruit goodness, I can't help but salivate.  Here are a few recipes I've come across and filed to enjoy next summer.

Pina Colada Sangria
1 750ml bottle of your favorite light white wine, such as Dark Horse
2 cups pineapple juice
1 cup seltzer
1 cup chopped pineapple
1/2 cup coconut rum
1/4 cup maraschino cherries

In a pitcher combine ingredients and refrigerate until chilled.  Serve over ice, garnish with pineapple and coconut shavings.
Rose Sangria Spritzer
2 bottles of cold rose wine, like Barton & Guestier Rose d'Anjou
1 green apple, thinly sliced
1 orange, halved and sliced
1 pint raspberries
2 tblsp simple syrup
2 cups club soda

Combine ingredients and refrigerate until chilled.  Serve over ice and garnish with fresh mint leaves.

Mango Peach Sangria
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
1 cup Grand Marnier
2 peaches, cut into wedges
1 bottle of a great white blend like Wolftrap White
1/3 cup water
1 mango, diced
1/3 cup sugar

Cook the water and sugar in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves.  Transfer into a pitcher and refrigerate until cold.  Stir in the Grand Marnier, wine, mango, peaches and mint and serve over ice.  Garnish with a strawberry slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment